My daughter may have been conceived in adultery, but she is loved!

By “Missy”
found out that the co-worker I had slept with actually had a wife after I told him I was pregnant and he said I needed to get an abortion or it would ruin his marriage. I felt shocked, ashamed & used. He told he'd take me to the clinic and naive to what he just said, I informed him that I had already confirmed my pregnancy with the doctors. He insisted that we go for a drive; it didn’t occur to me that there wasn’t a Planned Parenthood in town , so I figured he just wanted to talk it over.

That was until he placed a couple hundred dollars in my hand telling me that he had an ex-girlfriend who had an abortion and said it was “no big deal”.  When I refused his money he said that if I didn’t “get rid of it” I couldn’t see him again. That didn’t matter to me because from the moment I found out he lied about being married, the relationship was already over. 

I did have an appointment later that day though. A prenatal appointment. 

When my daughter was born I did call him one last time. I was hoping he would change his mind on wanting to be in his daughter’s life or at least be willing to sign her birth certificate. Maybe he had changed. I wanted to be able to at least tell my daughter that I tried to include her dad in her life. 

But when told him that I had a beautiful girl and asked if he would like to come see her, his response was:  “No! Never!”

I felt so scared and alone, but when I looked at my little girl, I knew it was all worth it. My feelings were a small price to pay for this precious little life.  She had nothing to do with the circumstances surrounding her conception & her life was equally as valuable as anyone else’s. To anyone who has conceived through adultery, face the consequences of your decision to go outside of your relationship instead of making your unborn child pay for your mistakes. Don’t make abortion the concealer of your shortcomings. You wouldn’t excuse children paying for their parents’ mistakes in any other circumstance- why are unborn children an exception to that?

My daughter may have been conceived in adultery,  but she is loved by everyone around her. She’s a teenager now and it’s  a pleasure watching her grow into the fine young woman she was meant to be ❤️. When I look at my daughter I don’t see someone who was a “mistake”; I see her as my darling daughter! Nothing less!

Comments

  1. God Bless you, your daughter, your family, and your life. Thank you for receiving the Lord's 'voice' for the Sacredness of Life for your daughter. Hopefully, Providence by the Grace of Jesus Christ will cause the biological father to repent. It would be uncomfortable by God's wants everyone to heal and be forgiven.
    You and your family are blessed. And this is a testament on relying on The Lord and His Grace for all of our struggles.
    Thank you very much for your inspirational story of part of your life. I pray it helps many others.
    Peace and warm regards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review Of The Christian, Pro-life Movie — “Like Arrows”

An Adoption Story : Birth Mother to Toby Mac’s Twins

Mom from Newfoundland shares photos of her son stillborn at 19 weeks