For The Christians Still Carrying Shackles

Written by Feleica Langdon, inspired by God

I’ve spent my whole life - and walk with Christ- chained like a circus elephant; chains that Satan attached to me as early as he could. You see, that’s how he works. He knows he has his greatest power over you if he can start beating you down when you’re young and impressionable.

When I got saved , I had God’s power inside of me to break all of the chains that bound me, but Satan had me convinced that I couldn’t possibly break all of them for there were just too many.

I got saved in 2008 , but it wasn’t until 2013 that I finally let God break all of the chains by believing His power, love , and Mercy was greater than all that bound me.

Even though I was broken from my post, I still walked around with reminders of my past bondage still attached to my leg.

I felt like I deserved them. I felt so much shame . I felt like as a Christian I was a failure and was more of a damage to God than any good. That people hated me .


Micah 17:19
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all of our inequities into the depths of the sea.

Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels , nor principalities, no powers, nor things present, nor things to come. Nor height,  nor depth, nor any creature, shall seperate is from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Most days Satan would add heavy weights to those broken chains all the way up my leg to taunt me. It was exhausting and kept me from being an empty vessel to be fully used to the extent God had intended.

Last night God released those shackles off of my leg & I finally know what freedom in Christ truly feels like. It’s a freedom I’ve never felt - even after God Saved me.  I felt a weight physically being lifted off me, even though there was nothing physical to see. I became physically limp as I was being held up by the love two fathers. It was my Saviour’s way of showing me the heaviness that I had been carrying around all of this time. But Satan put up a fight. When he saw the release happening, he got desperate. He started to fill my head with doubt and insecurity. It was about this time in the past I would leave the altar and abandon what God was trying to do. 

But this time I stayed. I didn’t run away.

I had to write about this because I know I’m not the only one who needs to experience this.

To all of the Saved Christians out there: Have you broken free from the post you’re bound to but are still carrying around the shackles of your past? Let God release them, then tell Satan , “Never again!”.  It’s time to stop looking at yourself through the filter of your flawed humanity; and instead , live in the truth of who God says we are. 


2 Corinthians 12:9 
But he said to me “ My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Instead of condemning  yourself for your past - ultimately giving glory to Satan - it’s time to give the Grace of the Cross the Glory it deserves. You have already been forgiven, now it’s time to forgive yourself and walk in freedom like the child of God that you are. You will look at God, yourself, your church,  and this world in a much more positive way.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Of The Christian, Pro-life Movie — “Like Arrows”

An Adoption Story : Birth Mother to Toby Mac’s Twins

Mom from Newfoundland shares photos of her son stillborn at 19 weeks